Between trying on clothes every morning to tossing and turning in the covers every night, the place that should be your sleep sanctuary can start to look a bit more lived-in than you’d like. Here are some smart tips for decorating and storing your essentials in your bedroom.
- Add a wall-mounted nightstand. Maximize the square footage in your bedroom by installing a wall-mounted nightstand. You could even use a shelf with an attached drawer.
- Mount a cabinet above the bed. To really free up floor space, consider forgoing a traditional headboard in favor of a flat, hanging cabinet mounted just above the bed.
- Add light curtains. While many people prefer light-blocking curtains in the bedroom, these can make a room feel smaller. Choose light, gauzy options in a neutral color to bring more openness to the room — and help you spring out of bed in the morning!
- Add an under-bed “dresser.” Buy a bed with built-in storage, or slide lidded storage containers under your bed. Either is a good option for storing out-of-season clothing, blankets, and other bulky items.
- Add a desk at the foot of the bed. Create a bedroom workspace by investing in a skinny desk facing the end of the bed. It can also double as a vanity.
Design Dozen: 12 Clever Space-Saving Solutions for Small Bedrooms [Apartment Therapy]
169 So Cool Headboard Ideas That You Won’t Need More [Shelterness]
12 Bedroom Storage Ideas to Optimize Your Space [Decoholic]